iPod Shuffle and Moto RAZR voted "Top Chav Gadgets"

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Amusing news story from The Register today... :p

Put on your Burberry scarf and switch on your iPod Shuffle. While the iPod nano may be the king of cool, a panel of the UK’s top gadget experts and the staff of Tech Digest and Shiny Shiny have voted its budget sibling the iPod shuffle this year’s ‘Must Chav Gadget.’

'The shuffle is perfect for chavs,' said the judge's citation. 'It’s cheap. It’s by a cool brand, and you can let others know you have one as it is designed to be worn round your neck. As it is white it also accessorises well with those classy gold chains Chavs wear.

The sad part is that the shuffle is the worst player in the Apple range – more like some dodgy back street knock-off than the excellent other iPods. The fact it has no screen so you can’t program it or choose a track – it chooses the music for you – also saves Chav brain cells for the much more important business of, ahem, ‘pimping their rides.’

Runner up in Chav Gadget of the year is the ultra skinny Motorola phone the RAZR. 'Once the height of cool, this has now become standard fixture for every Tom, Dick and Chav. Motorola has done it pink, maybe they should be thinking of a Burberry version.'
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/05/ipod_shuffle_top_chav_gadget/

LOL

I am glad I found out what Chav ment a few months ago :p

themafia.69 said:
because of my burberry post? hehe

That was a classic thread...haha. That's where I learned what it meant.

themafia.69 said:
because of my burberry post? hehe

Don't recall that thread :dead:

Learned it from a buddy I talk to thats from the UK

Ugh scummy bastards.

There used to be a twat where I worked who wore his shuffle round his neck on the lanyard, walking round all proud. Idiot. Everyone else just kept their iPod in their pocket with the headphones running up through their top/jacket. :D

Hmm, if ever there was a reason to replace my razr with a nokia 8800 this would have to be it...

I love my IPod shuffle, but I don't use the lanyard. It looks a touch goofy swinging from the neck. I Just cram the thing in my pants or hoodie pocket and go. Amazingly convenient and solid state so no internal hard drive to worry about.

How could anyone NEED a reason to get rid of the ****ty RAZR ?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back