Ipod Freeze

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by rem1x6, Jul 12, 2005.

1. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

My Ipod froze at startup. I keep restarting by holding menu + center button. And it just sits there. How do i get out of this screen?

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Have you tried updating the firmwire with apple update(mac only). I dont know how to update with a PC, but see if there is an update.

On a side note there is a portable device thread now, keep that in mind :p
    http://forum.osnn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Nice sig :D

3. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

My computer doesn't even see that its plugged in becuase its stuck on the startup screen. So i can't even update it =/

4. zeke_mo

I would say take the battery out..but we know how Ipods are, there is a trick to fixing that but Im not sure what it is. Im pretty sure you hold down the menu button and put the hold switch on. I dont remember :)

5. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

Wow i really don't know whats wrong. The apple icon just sits there and i can't get past it. I Keep restarting the Ipod and it just sits there going no where. Absolutly no music is playign and it doesnt' even come up on my computer =/ Well if you find a way can u tell me? THank you

6. zeke_mo

Same problem my sisters iBook is having, must be a mac thing :/

7. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Have you tried restarting it with it plugged into a wall outlet? I remember reading about that when I first got my iPod. If all else fails, call Apple Support.

8. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Not going to be helpful here but throw it away and buy a ZEN :)

9. zeke_mo

I have heard about zens having this problem too :p

10. zeke_mo

11. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I had a similar problem with mine a while ago. I plugged it into the mains then then help down Menu and Select until the Apple Logo appeared. But as you have mentioned you have repeatedly tried this I am sort of out of ideas. Best thing is call Apple support, they are very helpful, far better than any 'pc' company.

As for RickyC's comment I used to use a Nomad Zen (still have it, sat in a drawer now), it was alright, but the interface and controls of the iPod are far superior.

12. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

I got it to fix i think. Its charging right now. I let it sit overnight and it ran outta batt. When i woke up this morning i went to see whats up then when i pushed play nothing happened so i restarted it ONCE AGAIN. Then sucessfully it went to the menu screen. So i guess wasting the batt helped. Hopefully it still works. I'm charging it right now. THanks for the inputs guys. BTW the Zens suck my friend has one. Its a ghetto version of a Ipod =/ and much larger.

13. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Is there a reset option?

I know some players have a small hole where you can stick a pin in and reset the device and it fixes some bugs you might have. I wonder if the iPod has anything like that.

14. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Glad it seems to be working for you now. :)

If you recognize your post will be useless then don't post at all. :rolleyes:

15. rem1x6

rem1x6 Brian = D

Yup, THanks for everyone's help XD

16. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Thats the purpose of the Menu+Select combo ;)