iPod Battery Preservation?

I have a pocket DJ from dell... sweetest thing I've ever owned and its TINY :D

battery issues are the same with pretty much any manufacturer out there... I like my DJ because it actually lasts for a heck of a lot of time and I use it in my car almost exclusively @ the moment (waiting for the belt clip and action-jacket to arrive :cool: )

on the whole, as long as you don't drain the battery fully and keep the battery charged on a regular basis, it should be just fine... they all use similar batteries in slim-line cases... I know I don't want to have to send my mp3 player in to get a replacement anytime soon but if you care for it properly, your ipod should last you...

Litium Ion Batteries, yuk. Definition - A short life, small, highly toxic, over priced, explosive device waiting to releave itself of internal instability.

Man why didn't they use NimH AAA off the shelf. Oh, yeah, Then the replacement batteries would be off the shelf at $5 not $99 from Apple. And people wonder why I hate Apple...

When you must replace the battery make damn sure it's an Apple certified replacement or it can go boom like the cell phone batteries have been.

Uhm, people want a rechargeable device which they don't have to buy new batteries for? Second, it would have made the thing heavier, AND bigger.

Sorry, but what you are suggesting is a no go.

NiMH afaikbimnbc dont cope as well with sporadic recharge cycles which most iPod and Zen type users typically put their devices through

I bought an iPod mini a few days ago. The battery life was horrible, so I brought it back. I now have a Creative Zen Touch, I'm much happier with it

Sazar said:
I have a pocket DJ from dell... sweetest thing I've ever owned and its TINY :D

battery issues are the same with pretty much any manufacturer out there... I like my DJ because it actually lasts for a heck of a lot of time and I use it in my car almost exclusively @ the moment (waiting for the belt clip and action-jacket to arrive :cool: )

on the whole, as long as you don't drain the battery fully and keep the battery charged on a regular basis, it should be just fine... they all use similar batteries in slim-line cases... I know I don't want to have to send my mp3 player in to get a replacement anytime soon but if you care for it properly, your ipod should last you...
Sazar, did you see my post here?
http://www.osnn.net/forum/showthread.php?p=479646#post479644 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back