iPhone/iPod Touch Application Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Sazar, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Figured since some of us have these products, a few un-biased reviews from people y'all know rather than random musing may help :)

I am currently running about 10 apps on my phone and honestly, I would probably rate them all around 3.5-5 OSNN stars :)

Here are my apps as of today.

Remote:

Great product for controlling my music library from my phone. Very easy to use and I do not need a wireless remote for my speakers :D Plus, not only am I controlling the music, I am also able to control, very easily, my volume as well. Pretty awesome. My recommendation is to hopefully see this control extend to things like the Pandora and Last.fm apps.

5/5 OSNN stars

Sports Tap:

Simple app for checking scores and various sports event run-downs. Simple and does what it is expected to.

3.5/5 OSNN stars

Phonesabre:

Turns your phone into a virtual light saber.

5/5 OSNN stars... I mean... it's a FRIGGIN LIGHT SABER

Pandora/Last.fm:

Both apps are easy to use and I can log into my accounts and access some things like friends lists and so forth. Very convenient and simple.

4.5/5 OSNN stars

Super Monkey Ball:

The game is too damn sensitive but oh so much fun.

You are basically a monkey... in a ball. Control is 100% accelorometer based.

5/5 OSNN stars

Texas Hold'Em:

EXCELLENT Poker game. And the landscape/portrait modes are really well done :D Highly recommended for poker players. Portrait mode shows you the actual players and the graphics are good enough to look for tells.

5/5 OSNN stars.

Language Phrase Apps:

I currently have the French and Spanish apps installed. Easy, corny, convenient and the french lady who speaks on the french version sounds positively hawt :smoker:

5/5 OSNN stars

Bank of America App:

Paying bills from my phone has NEVER been easier :D

5/5 OSNN stars

Those are my currently installed apps and I LOVE em :D

2. ZeroHour

ZeroHour ho3 ho3 ho3

Dizzy Bee (cheap at like a £1 or something) - 5/5 - Like Rokoyo but you must rotate the screen.
    Tip Tap (free :D) - 4/5 - Guitar hero but tapping and free downloads of more songs.

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Palringo for IM :)

4. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Last.fm shouldn't get a 4.5 when the biggest part of last.fm is scrobbling and the iphone app doesn't scrobble. Apple's fault though and their restrictive SDK.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

It works well enough without the scrobbling portion as it doesn't skip as much as Pandora. Although, I must say, I use Pandora more than Last.fm.