• I hope so, but not sure yet

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Wait to see how it functions in the "real world", then decide

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Not sure about that, but it's possible.

It's a question of how many will adopt the product and how big the market for items like Blackberry's will remain.

That's what is really going to interest me.

Not sure about that, but it's possible.

It's a question of how many will adopt the product and how big the market for items like Blackberry's will remain.

That's what is really going to interest me.

Well Apple is targeting the cellphone market and not the blackberry market.

There's something like a billion cellphones sold each year, so market size won't be a problem.

I only wish that Apple used removable batteries. I wouldn't want to watch a movie on it and then not be able to receive an important call because the battery died.

It is NOT a SmartPhone. It is a media phone. Comparing it to other SmartPhones is not fair. Compare it to media phones.

Well Apple is targeting the cellphone market and not the blackberry market.

There's something like a billion cellphones sold each year, so market size won't be a problem.

I only wish that Apple used removable batteries. I wouldn't want to watch a movie on it and then not be able to receive an important call because the battery died.

I totally agree. I hope the next iPhone model has a removable battery, but they've never done it with the iPod and that hasn't made a bit of difference in its success.

As for MS making a phone, why must they be the ones to "ease our brains off of that phone?" It could be any phone manufacturer, right?

I think this will help AT&T grab back the #1 spot from Verizon.

I would buy it off contract. I love my 8525 and I won't give it up until they (AT&T) come out with a new HTC device.

However, I gave up on my dreams of dismantling an iPhone because I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Lastly, there is nothing "smart" about it.

It's pretty in a "blonde" kinda way. So your "nothing 'smart' about it" statement sounds accurate. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: No intent was tried or implied to depict Blondes as "dumb" or "not smart". Posting is for entertainment purposes only.

Here's an idea -- let's start a new thread reviewing all types of hardware that none of us have ever used before. :p

I used one. It was manufactured by Linksys though.

I tried to sell a kidney on IRC so I could afford one. If I had the money I'd drop it on one I think. If it's anything like other Apple's devices it'll "just work" which is the selling point I didn't see mentioned in any of the essays above. :p

And also looks dead sexy

I tried to sell a kidney on IRC so I could afford one. If I had the money I'd drop it on one I think. If it's anything like other Apple's devices it'll "just work" which is the selling point I didn't see mentioned in any of the essays above. :p

And also looks dead sexy
well this latest development is pretty funny;

at&t is gonna offer service that allows live video transfer from phone to phone and they're gonna kick it off with this phone

THE IPHONE DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS SERVICE

now that is too funny...the service relies on a bandwidth the phone isn't capable of receiving

so, from the start the phone is obsolete...now, what's the guess how long before the iphone can handle the new service that "gets launched at the same time?

so, from the start the phone is obsolete...now, what's the guess how long before the iphone can handle the new service that "gets launched at the same time?
Obsolete or not the real question is whether it will sell. And we all the know the answer to that question :yowch:

well this latest development is pretty funny;

at&t is gonna offer service that allows live video transfer from phone to phone and they're gonna kick it off with this phone

THE IPHONE DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS SERVICE

now that is too funny...the service relies on a bandwidth the phone isn't capable of receiving

You got a linky?

Streaming video or not the phone is still dead sexy and I'd love one, if I had the money I'd have one. :) Only thing that would deter me is if the thing was completely unusable ... but being an Apple product I don't really see that happening.

You got a linky?

Streaming video or not the phone is still dead sexy and I'd love one, if I had the money I'd have one. :) Only thing that would deter me is if the thing was completely unusable ... but being an Apple product I don't really see that happening.
heard it on the radio...no link though...sorry

heard it on the radio...no link though...sorry
I did a quick google and any mention of Cingular video streaming stuff seemed to be 3G which isn't in the feature list of the iPhone which is ...
EDGE, GPRS, GSM Quad-band, and WiFi capable

From MacRumors:

Apple announced that iPhone users will be able to enjoy YouTube's originally-created content on their iPhones when they begin shipping on June 29. A new Apple-designed application on iPhone will wirelessly stream YouTube's content to iPhone over Wi-Fi or EDGE networks and play it on iPhone's stunning 3.5 inch display.

Apple TV users can download a free update via the built-in software update to enable YouTube content.

Both AppleTV and the iPhone will play YouTube content that has been reencoded into the h.264 video format. 10,000 of YouTube's videos have been converted so far with the remainder expected by the fall.

The press release claims that h.264 was chosen "to achieve higher video quality and longer battery life on mobile devices".

Indeed, reports coming out of WWDC is that one of Apple's justifications of avoiding Flash video playback on the iPhone is for improved battery life. The iPhone contains dedicated hardware capable of playing h.264 content, while Flash content would require more intensive use of the iPhone's CPU, resulting in higher battery drain.

So the iPhone has a hardware decoder for h.264?

I wonder.

That would make it kind of cool for all kinds of additional uses, if only it didn't cost more than my living quarters :(

And yes, I live in a box.

I am glad to see at least one person has a sense of humor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back