iPhone 3G

Dudes, whatever. Just a poorly handled product launch - not the END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT.

:)

well over here, O2's credit check and contract system died. Itunes was very laggy so it wouldn't suprise me if there were more than a few timeouts. I think I was lucky in the fact I activated at 10am BST when america was still asleep and itunes was still working :)

so who was to blame at&t or apple - loads or rumours floating about but very little fact, some say at&t servers couldnt handle all the activation requests others say it was apple as itunes server fell over as people were trying to get 2.0 firmware
I'd say phone company (AT&T, O2, ect) as I could get on iTunes, buy Apps from the Apps store and such but just couldn't activate my phone.

Probably had to talk to the providers systems too, maybe a **** up in communication between the two

Probably had to talk to the providers systems too, maybe a **** up in communication between the two
Yeah, that is my guess as the iTunes store itself seemed fine (at least to me).

anyone else find it funny that for both versions of the iPhone that were released..... BOTH had a sh*tload of issues when it came to activation right off the bat? Makes me glad i never bought an iPhone.

Well I got my order confirmation today for my 16GB Black :)

Sooooo... now I just have to wait.

I was planning to get one this week, but I'm seeing a significantly large number of reports about bad 3G reception and data speed issues.

Have you guys seen these threads?
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1602608&tstart=0
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1397833

I figured I should go see for myself, so during the last few days, I've been to three stores here in NYC - the Apple store on 5th Ave, the one on 14th St, and an AT&T store on 96th St. Data speeds on all of the display iPhones I tried were abysmally slow - worse than the EDGE speeds I was getting on T-Mobile with my HTC Wizard.

Not sure what the problem really is - AT&T network congestion? iPhone 3G hardware issue? iPhone 2.0 firmware/baseband issue?

Whatever it is, I hope it's fixed soon, because I really would like to get one... =\

Hardware. I have no issues with my TyTN II or Touch Dual.

AT&T (Cellular One, Cingular, and now AT&T) for the last 10 years.

Ended up buying a regular Iphone locked to ATT, with the new iphone 2.0 software. I have to say, I'm not disappointed. The way I see it, if I need gps or 3g, I've got my 8925/Tytn II and I can use that whenever, but the Iphone is a nifty little toy to have. I must say though, without the new apps availability, it must have sucked...

Two things so far,

1. iPhone doesn't yet support S/MIME email, though neither does windows mobile afaik and its a $200 upgrade for Blackberry
2. iPhone doesn't work with the SmarterMail Windows mail server software, neither does Mail.app annoyingly

Ended up buying a regular Iphone locked to ATT, with the new iphone 2.0 software. I have to say, I'm not disappointed. The way I see it, if I need gps or 3g, I've got my 8925/Tytn II and I can use that whenever, but the Iphone is a nifty little toy to have. I must say though, without the new apps availability, it must have sucked...

I was thinking about getting an older one, but thought about it and my problem is the price for the phone, its the data plans that I have to pay for.

I was thinking about getting an older one, but thought about it and my problem is the price for the phone, its the data plans that I have to pay for.
well, if u already have a smartphone, the plan cost wont change, I had my smartphone set up with a 20 dollar a month unlimited internet plan. and when i activated my "old" Iphone, that plan rolled over to the Iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back