iPhone 3G

Well, I put off getting it till the ridiculous and utterly retarded activation issues are resolved, hopefully today. I might go around lunch, in an hour, if there are still some there.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on AT&T and Apple.

Btw X, the navigation is NOT turn-by-turn, which would have been a killer-app. It's a blinking blue dot that periodically moves and only shows currently location. Not entirely useless though as it seems a heck of a lot better than the old static "look at me, I am in this 5 mile radius" setup with ver 1.0 :)

I get 20% off on the phone plan so I am not too concerned about costs personally (per the AT&T lady I spoke with, look at a standard phone plan with data and add 30 bucks for the iPhone).

You all suck, complaining about activation and waiting lol

I can't even get one anymore, $120/month +$199 is impossible for me, sure they released that stupid 6GB/month for $30 plan, but that's good for no one? lol

6 GB is a whole lot of data transfer, I doubt you would be able to use all of that unless you kept watching YouTube videos while on 3G, and then your battery life would suck :p

Sazar: I am aware of that, however even that would have helped out the few times that I have been looking for a certain location, and have driven past the turn because I had not seen it.

I didn't get a 3G but updating my iPhone to the new 2.0 Firmware did take several hours this morning as the activation server was hammered/down. :( Overall though very sexy.

Really, without doing any video/image crap I am sure I would use up 6Gb within 1 week or so.

Really, without doing any video/image crap I am sure I would use up 6Gb within 1 week or so.

I must be a really sad user: Sent 115MB / Recieved 776 MB

Thats having never reset my statistics since I got it. :)

Well, seeing the stupid lines full of kids off from summer school and college kids with no life, I have decided to wait a bit.

Maybe this weekend.

Bman - HTC is making some sweet phones, but buy it from them, unlocked. We have 4 in office and the only cool one is the one from HTC, with WIFI and all the fixings. Here in Canada Telus I think offers one, but it's heavily crippled.

It is important here to note that Windows Mobile has always had some issues, and it behaves differently on some different hardware platforms. Some of the latest and greatest smartphones released in late 07 and 08 have by and large resolved these long standing lag issues and other performance related glitches.

The trick to figuring out why iPhone is garbage? Look at all the hype it needs to sell.

Millions of Windows Mobile phones have been sold. When is the last time you saw it advertised? :)

Since this is a thread about the iPhone ---- the only thing I would be upset about with Apple on this, is what about all the fans that bought their iPhone last year? Do they get a free upgrade? No. Boooooooo

The Euro version does not support US 3G. But, supposedly HTC will be releasing a US 3G version (or Quad-Band).

It's here ... I think Matt... avail at Best Buy. No WIFI on it though :(

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=1115&tag=btxcsim

Matt Miller said -

"The HTC Touch Dual runs Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 and is the first device available in the U.S. with this version of the operating system. This model also has the 20-key SureType keyboard that I love on my T-Mobile Shadow. Unfortunately, it does not have WiFi, but does have support for HSDPA with AT&T. The retail price is US$549.99 and the device is SIM unlocked.
HTC also announced a Windows Mobile 6.1 and display performance update (I’m trying to find out what this update means) for the HTC TyTN II owners. The TyTN II is the first HTC branded device to receive the 6.1 update and this device is quite popular so I am sure there will be lots of stories online about people updating their device and how the performance and experience has changed. Similar updates will be coming for more HTC devices soon as well.
The HTC Touch Dual runs Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 and is the first device available in the U.S. with this version of the operating system. This model also has the 20-key SureType keyboard that I love on my T-Mobile Shadow. Unfortunately, it does not have WiFi, but does have support for HSDPA with AT&T. The retail price is US$549.99 and the device is SIM unlocked.
HTC also announced a Windows Mobile 6.1 and display performance update (I’m trying to find out what this update means) for the HTC TyTN II owners. The TyTN II is the first HTC branded device to receive the 6.1 update and this device is quite popular so I am sure there will be lots of stories online about people updating their device and how the performance and experience has changed. Similar updates will be coming for more HTC devices soon as well."

I live near the Domain. The helpful Apple "genius" as they are known said oh sure, come on by, we have plenty of stock, hardly any wait. I drive down south from work and guess what, there's a line across the block.

Guess the "genius" definition of hardly any wait is not the same as mine. Good thing it was a lunch break and they have some excellent restaurants there :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back