Invisible hard drive

Krux

Nissan Powered
I have a WD (western Digital) in my server that is being detected under the device manager but can not being seen in my computer. How do I go about getting it to show up?

I would try something like Drive Mapper if you have Partition Magic and take it from there.

have you got auto detect set in the Bios and the correct "master / slave" setting on the drive ?

have you checked if you arent hiding it with soemthing like tweakui

yah its not hidden, I ran the WD diagnostic tool on it then wrote zero's to the drive shut it down, went to the angels game in LA and when I got back the drive was seen by the hardware manager but I couldn't see it in my computer. so I don't know what the dils is:D

Well, is it partitioned? Is it formatted? What OS? If you are using 9x/ME it can't read NTFS partitions or Linux partitions. Windows 2000/XP can't read Linux partitions either. If you are running XP or 2000 then try this. Start/Run "diskmgmt.msc" See if it is in there and what it's status is. If you can't figure it out from there then screenshot that. It will help. Good luck.

Originally posted by Krux
yah its not hidden, I ran the WD diagnostic tool on it then wrote zero's to the drive shut it down, went to the angels game in LA and when I got back the drive was seen by the hardware manager but I couldn't see it in my computer. so I don't know what the dils is:D
once a drive is "zero'd out", thre is no partition information on it. you need to Computer Management > Disk Management, partition the drive, and format it. only after it's formatted will it show up under My Computer. :blink:

Originally posted by taurus
once a drive is "zero'd out", thre is no partition information on it. you need to Computer Management > Disk Management, partition the drive, and format it. only after it's formatted will it show up under My Computer. :blink:

ok ill give it a try when I get home, if it don't work im gonna have to hunt down my circuit city 3yr thingy

alright guys seems to be working now, thanks alot.

Krux

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back