Internet sharing isp billing help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Majin, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Majin

Majin DBZ - Yes its in me!

anyone know how to keep an isp from seeing into my network to see how many computers i have ....?

2. pappcam

pappcam Guest

Your ISP can't see how many computers you have.

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Depends.

If you have a router or use ICS they can't. They can analyse traffic and guess, but I don't think so, too much work.

If you get one IP per computer from your ISP they can. Just count the IP:s. ;)

4. Alex_is_Axel

Alex_is_Axel .:: FTPAlex ::.

Majin, are they charging you for having more than one computer on the SAME connection line? That would be well unfair! Its not like your having 3 times as much connection speed than when you had only one computer connected to the connection. I use a Router/DSL Modem/Gateway all in one Box for mine :D

5. Majin

Majin DBZ - Yes its in me!

well of course its unfair and i didnt think they were supposed to know how many computers i have past my router. i think i need to have a nice chat with them about unfair billing practices, and state monopoly laws. :)

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

They can't know. Ask them for proof that you have more than one computer. I'd like to see them produce it!

7. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

im pretty sure they can see there is a router connected to the line, and they're probably assuming from that that there is more than one machine connected to the internet.

although as someone said once... assumption is the mother of all f**kups :p