Internet Security Settings

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tinymonkey, Jan 1, 2004.

1. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

I got a problem with some certain sites online. some of them just will never load and i get the page can not be displayed thing, and then on some sites (ebay for example) i can see most of the things on the site but can not see some things like the counter. and now, sometiems these sites work and sometimes i can see things like the counter on ebay. these work very rarely tho.

i figured it was a security setting but im not sure

anyone know what to do?

thanks,
    tiny

2. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

Internet Options, Security Tab, Set Default.

3. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

no luck...

any other ideas?

4. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

ok i d/l mozilla and it still didnt work so im guessing it must be the firewall in my router?

im still open to more ideas

and i just reformatted my computer before xmas and was having this same problem befroe i reformatted and imeddiatly after

5. cpugeniusmv

which router do you have?

6. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

its a compaq witeless router...i got the adapter and the actual router is on another computer. i dont even think they make it anymore i got it like 2 years ago

7. cpugeniusmv

try to access the router's settings (in a browser, go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 if those aren't it, check the manual)

and dig around the settings and see if you can find anything that looks suspicious.

8. tinymonkey

tinymonkey OSNN Addict

i didnt find anything out of the ordinary or anything i could change to allow these sites to work...

you know any IE specific forums i could go to with my questions?