Internet radio.

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by trackrat, Mar 3, 2005.

1. trackrat

trackrat Birmingham UK

Is it possible to record to the hard drive a radio station broadcast so you can listen to it later.
    If so how do you go about it.
    And is it legal to do it.

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Yes it's possible. I can't recall the app(s) available to do this right now though (sorry). As for legal I believe thats a grey line that I would say goes in your favor [fair use] at this point in time.

3. trackrat

trackrat Birmingham UK

Thanks for that Xie.

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

As long as the radio is public broadcast its ok, same goes for tv shows etc..

5. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

As long as you record it yourself and dont distribute you arnt breaking any laws. Unfortunatly if you dl tv shows and what not then that steps past the distributing line and that is against the law. But its doubtful if anyone really cares that much.... if Stations were smart they would host the tracker themselves :p

6. Xie

Interesting you bring that up. I just read a whole section in yesterdays (well Wednesday's paper) about "podcasting". It's basically sites that allow downloads of the broadcast for listeners to download and play back on their PC or MP3 player. Some do exclusive online and a couple channels are begining to expiriment w/ both.

7. Vetrius

Vetrius Coenfidentialityism

i bought an ipod to try that podcast... and i cant find any... any suggestions?

8. Xie