Internet Explorer Right Click Menu

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Wraieth, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Wraieth

Wraieth Guest

Hi, when I right click with the mouse in Internet explorer theres name that says "Web Savings" that I want to get rid of. I got it from napster I think. Anyways is there any way I can get rid of it? thanks.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Sounds like ad/spy/bleh/ware to me, I think the app everyone's on about at the moment is called hi-jack this or something.. I'm sure someone else will have the info on that for you :D

3. koko

koko Got Root?

i'd try using reg cleaner to find "web savings" and delete the registry entries.

also, see if you can find anything relating to "web savings" and "napster" in your programs and uninstall those.

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

from the run command type regedit, then ctrl F to open the registry search, then type the web saving and delete anything that comes up as a match. (an exact match, dont delete a lone web as it may be for somthing else)

always backup your registry b4 you delete anything to be safe :)

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Search Xteq X-Setup for a tweak.

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Should be a subkey of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

If you find and can delete it, run HijackThis, Adaware, Spybot nevertheless.

7. Wraieth

Wraieth Guest

Ok that fixed it dudes, thanks. I did "find" in regedit and it was in the place that yoyo said. When I first saw the web savings I used ad aware but it didn't find that, I'll check out those other spyware softwares too.