internet explorer problem plz help!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by -=Mafia=-, Apr 2, 2002.

1. -=Mafia=-

-=Mafia=- Guest

for some reason when i go to ANY webpage w/ IE it says "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" i dont know why. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? i think it all started when i alt+ctrl+deleted a webpage

plz help me thx
  2. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

I had a similar problem, so i asked one of the aol tech support people, they said disconnect and clear your browser cache(tempory internet files). this worked for me, try it,

3. -=Mafia=-

-=Mafia=- Guest

errr im retarded where is that cache located?
  4. allan

allan Guest

Control Panel / Internet Options - Delete Files button on first tab
  5. -=Mafia=-

-=Mafia=- Guest

errr crap it didnt work i still cant view any sites. do u guys have any other ideas?
  6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Yeah, I happens to me on occassion. It happens when you leave the system running for a couple of days and either hybernates or goes standby. Somehow the system or your ISP resets or something and when you connect your browser can't surf the web. You have to restart XP then reconnect with your dialup, dsl, cable or whatever and then your browser or browsers (depends on how many you got on your machine) Mozila0.9.9, IE, Netscape6.2 or 4.79 can surf the web. I'm running XP Pro 2002 and I still can't figure out why.
  7. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

It just did it to me 2 hours ago, had it running for 3 days. So I logged off, hit restart and boom it all works again. Really sucks.
  8. traff1

traff1 Guest

I never used to have the problem but it only started recently. NOW every time i return from standby i have to restart the machine to access the internet.

I wonder if there is a fix/tweak/ registry setting to fix this?
    Anyon know?
  9. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

<<<<< Worked for me
    Try this -
    repair IE6 in XP -
    Start / Run - regsvr32 urlmon.dll