Internet Explorer Link Problem

E

Eve

Not a very serious problem, but kinda annoying!

For the last month or so everytime I try to click on a link in Internet Explorer it opens a new blank page. The only way I can see the page is if I right click on the link and select copy shortcut, then paste it into the address bar. This is ok, except for the odd time when for example I right click on a download link (usually downloads link will actually work normally) but sometimes even the right click method doesn't work. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how I could fix it? I don't remember doing anything odd before it this started happening, I'm hoping it might be a common fault and easy to fix *fingers crossed*:D

Originally posted by Proletariat
You could try this:
Go to add/remove & select Internet Explorer to uninstall. A box will pop up & from there choose the 'repair' option. That might fix the problem. :cool:

Had thought of that (sorry should have mentioned before) but IE doesn't show up in add/remove programs so I can't try that option. Any other ideas?

Ok, will try later, and will let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help :D

Originally posted by Eve
Not a very serious problem, but kinda annoying!

For the last month or so everytime I try to click on a link in Internet Explorer it opens a new blank page. The only way I can see the page is if I right click on the link and select copy shortcut, then paste it into the address bar. This is ok, except for the odd time when for example I right click on a download link (usually downloads link will actually work normally) but sometimes even the right click method doesn't work. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how I could fix it? I don't remember doing anything odd before it this started happening, I'm hoping it might be a common fault and easy to fix *fingers crossed*:D

Hiya Eve, I think I found some information about your problem with IE, check this...

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679

Repairing IE6 in XP Pro

Hi Eve,
To find a way to repair IE6 in XP go to http://www.dougknox.com/ and hit the "Win XP Tips" button on the selection down the left side of the page. From there you will find two columns in blue. your solution should be part way down the left column. Hope this helps. :)

Open Start
Run
Then type: regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Press Enter.

Originally posted by allan
Open Start
Run
Then type: regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Press Enter.

Thanks Allan, you're a star! I have absolutely no idea how it worked, but it did and that's what counts. Thanks again! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back