Internet Explorer Failures

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Richy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Richy

Richy Beyond All Comprehension.

Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix IE6 if it just closes by itself?? I have no clue what's causing it but everytime I open it and try to go somewhere, it just closes out automatically. Then this error (sometimes) comes up.

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error

The instruction at "0x77f57b58." referenced memory at "0x01390010." The Memory could not be "read."
    Click OK to terminate the program.

It only closes out if you start doing stuff with the explorer. Like if you sit there and not move the mouse it won't close out. Can anyone tell me why my Internet Explorer keeps closing out by itself?
    Thanks,
    Richy

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

It's a sign that you should start using another browser.

3. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

indeed

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

You don't listen to them, you like IE use it. What you need to do is run this first:
    http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Try this also:http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
    When clean hopefully you should find yourself o.k.

Make sure before you install those that you're upto date with I.E. and windows latest patches.

You never said what OPS you got, so this is all I can add for the time being.

5. allbusiness

allbusiness on drukqs

If the above doesn't solve your problem, and you want to surf, try Avant Browser (an IE-based tabbed browser). Nice and simple for IE browsers looking to start moving away from the basic IE interface.
    http://www.avantbrowser.com/

FIREFOX SNOBS!! =)

(i use firefox)

6. Richy

Richy Beyond All Comprehension.

It's cool Lee... This is actually funny because the reason I wanted to use Internet Explorer is because IE is the only browser I have that works when im playing in the zone on MSN. All these others browsers that everyone says are so much better (Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, etc.) won't load the gaming rooms for some reason. Yeah, I do use Firefox or Mozilla more often, but IE is the only one that works for my tastes. Anyway, thanks for the help I will get back to ya to see if any of this will work now....

7. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I think the answer is right there .. MSN .. who owns MSN? Microsoft. Who owns IE? Microsoft. Who paid big money to Opera for breaking sites on purpose so people would have to use IE? Microsoft. :)

8. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Same with me playing 5 seconds per shot in champions zone pool @ yahoo.

I tried netscrape, firefox, opera and mozilla, they cost me a second where IE works fine. I know processor speed may account for a bit, but IE works faster.

9. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Please don't recommend other browsers when a member asks for help with another, that's not what they want to hear, it also gives the browser a bad name.

10. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Yes do as speedy says, he might make us use AOL browser if we don't behave ourselves!