Internet Explorer Assertion Failure?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Led2112, May 28, 2002.

1. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

I keep getting these assertion failure errors when trying to access my Aol email through Internet Explorer. I thought it was Aol at fault because it just started happening, but I accesed the mail through netscape with no Problems. I have looked up the errors but have found nothing. Can anyone Help? I have included a screen shot of the errors. Thanks in Advance!

2. Phantom_24

Phantom_24 Guest

Try running the error under google !!

Go to www.google.com and see what reference pages you can find about the error !!

Basically, if it has an official error written for it, the cause/solution is out there somewhere !

3. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Thanks Phantom but thats the first thing I tried. No Luck

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

5. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Thanks Hipster but I did find that one and its for IE 4.0 and its not the problem I'm getting. I can start IE I just keep getting the error messages when accessing my Mail.
    I'm still trying.

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well heres the kicker, aol and microsoft are not exactly bed buddies due to the whole aol/msn thing, and netscape is OWNED by aol so your stuff might open up better there...

I dunno if there are any settings you can fiddle around with check/un check in ie to allow you to get your mail... but if netscape is working... just use that... or get another mail handler and use POP to channel it all to a non-aol mail account...

7. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

In IE under tools -> internet options -> advanced tab -> scroll down to Microsoft VM. What is ticked there?

8. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Vm is enabled should it be?

9. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Untick iy & see what happens.

10. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Unticked.....nothing happened.