Internet Explorer and XP problems

X

XBucklawX

Hello all, first post here !!! Hopefully someone can help me out here !!

I'm having problems with Internet explorer 6, it chrashes all the time for me. I don't use it that much, i use netscape, but i noticed lately that it won't do anything at all.. That probably relates to the windows xp question i have!!

when i try to restart or turn off the computer, it gives me a "this program is not responding" error message, and either waits for me to end now, or does it by itself !!!

it does it twice, and both are files that are on my computer!!! I've tried to delete the first file but the system says it's being used by another program!!!

here's what the problem is and where the files are located !!!

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Totem Shared\Uninstall0001\Upd.exe

and

C:\Windows\system32\ossproxy.exe

Thanks!!

Not really sure, if you want to try it, Open Windows Explorer, then Open Task Manager, go to Processes, End Process: Explorer.exe, the hold Alt and hit Tab to get to Windows Explorer, go to the folder where the files are located, and delete them. Then go back to Task Manager, go to Processes, Start New Process, Browse to: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe and start it.

You can now check to see if deleting the files did anything.

If ending Explorer.exe didn't work, hit F8 as your computer boots and choose "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and delete them from there by typing:

DEL C:\Folder\Folder\Folder\File.ext

Replacing Folder, File, and .ext respectively

I am having the same problem, any ideas, I cant keep explorer from crashing!! I know what I am doing, but nothing helps.

Does it just crash right after installation?

Or does it start doing it after you've loaded some programs onto it?

Also, what are your system specs?

And, if you haven't done it, do a clean install.

XBucklawX,

Those files seem way to suspicios, and they are not the part of windows in any sence.

My sixth sence tells me you need to run ad-aware, and a good antivirus, i.e. it's either some spyware or a trojan

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back