Internet Explorer and constant resizing?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Ok all, well I am having this problem. You see, I Have it set up so that when I open internet explorer, it is totally expanded. However, you know that when you click a Window, you can't have it so that window is totally expanded and MAXIMIZED like when you open the original window...

So what I am saying is that when I open IE, it is maximized so I can't resize it unless I click the restore down button next to the close... however when you click a link, a window will open up and you can resize that one. The problem I have been experiencing is the annoying fact that I'll click a link, and until I can get it just right I have to expand the window and resize it about 50 gazillion times.

Ok, so now I finally got it enough that I have it expanded to fill the screen... yet every now and then the window will be small as anything... Is there anything out there, or anything I do to make it permanently expanded???

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

The next time it opens small grap a corner of that window and expand it manually, close it normal when you are done, and the next time you click a link it should be that size from now on.

If it isn't just ignore everything before this line.

:cool:

3. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

See if this helps a little:

got to Internet Explorer Options - Advanced tab -
    look for the "Reuse Windows for lauching shortcuts" play with that option and see what suits you
    :)

4. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

hmmmm...

maybe i'm crazy but... i seem to have convinced myself that clicking the x in the top right corner to close IE doesn't save info about the window size and position, however if i use "file", then "close" it does...

is this really true or am i nuts?

5. marcelleke

marcelleke Guest

it's simple,install Autosizer(free) and all your problems are gone!!!
    you are welcome!
    grtzz

6. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

A link to autosizer would help. :}

7. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

go to windows explorer - go to options and select "remeber each windows settings" you can also force settings by holding shift and closing the window (clicking on the X). Perhaps that may help - I don't see why you need to add more software to do just this.

8. marcelleke

marcelleke Guest

9. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Easiest way I've found is when you open the 1st IE window, rezize it to how you want, but dont close just yet, go to a webpage (can be any page), wait for it to load, then click file/close.

Every time you open IE from now on it will stay the size you set previously.

Stuy_b

10. baser5nature

baser5nature OSNN Addict

shifty....

never new about the shift key thing... is it for real...? on that note... does anyone know where i might find a database or something like that of standard windows shortcut keys, and similar functions????

thanks...

11. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team