Internet Explorer acts weird

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by daddyo, May 10, 2002.

1. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

When I start IE, I get my home page for a few seconds and then the program turns itself off. I get an error message that says IE is having a problem with ole32.dll. Nothing else seems to be affected and I can still use Netscape, but this IE problem has me concerned that I may have a virus.

I scanned my system with Norton AV (with all the updates), but no luck. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I'm stumped.
  2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    You might just need to repair IE and OE. You can check it out at microsoft here .
  3. TuMbRaS

TuMbRaS Guest

That's exactly what everything i've just uninstall/reinstall IE ... apparently, you problem might be because of what is called a mismatch in versions of the OLE32.DLL, MSVCRT20.DLL, and possibly COMCAT.DLL files... versions 4.71 of comcat.dll will work with version 5 of ole32.dll..perhaps a third party program made a modification to one or more of these like xsivforce said..a reinstall should do the trick... this is the easiest way to install and register these files as you would normally have to do it manually..mind as well just reinstall IE entirely..remember to uninstall from add/remove first..then reboot..!!

k..good luck!!!