News Internet Explorer 9 - New UI Revealed

Microsoft's Russian press website has revealed (and then quickly pulled) the interface for the current preview build of Internet Explorer 9.

As you can see from the image below, IE9's visual style is quite a departure from the traditional look of Internet Explorer and looks more akin to Google Chrome.

attachment.php

Although the screenshot has now been pulled from the original website, Mary-Jo Foley at ZDNet was fortunately quick enough to grab a copy of the original screenshot before it was taken down.​

Among the new features touted for IE9 is 'Tear-off Tabs', which will supposedly allow users to take off and move around tabs in a similar manner to Windows Aero Snap. The simplified nature of the new UI appears to be a conscious choice for Microsoft, who are aiming to leave "more room for the site" when browsing the internet.​

There's no fixed release date yet but many in the industry are predicting a 2011 arrival for Internet Explorer 9.​

Source(s): ZDNet, Microsoft (Russia)

Attachments

• ie9.png
    ie9.png
    278.9 KB · Views: 3,319
Guys, I've linked the embedded image to the attached file but I've just realised that might not be allowed - should I take it off and just link to the attachment itself?

Looks like the same clunky IE, just with transparency. It also looks nothing like chromes clean look. I don't think MS will ever get it ...

I don't know, it looks pretty clean to me. I think the Bing site ironically makes it look more cluttered with that horrid grey border. If you have a look at it with OSNN on there it looks a bit better...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IE9-new.jpg
    IE9-new.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,689
Looks like they are doing the normal. Taking someone else's design and adding their own to it.

looks clean to me too though I agree with johnny, it looks vary googly to me

the only problem I had with ie8 was how much trouble it had launching tabs, if they fixed that with this version I am back to ie

Finally! a slimmer version of IE that looks like it may not be slow. I'm glad Microsoft finally seems to be catching on to the world of Firefox and Chrome. Now maybe they will give up on Bing since its really slow and not very helpful!

I'm liking it. Been using the preview builds. Runs nice, seems fast, which is all i really want from a browser

I don't know, it looks pretty clean to me. I think the Bing site ironically makes it look more cluttered with that horrid grey border. If you have a look at it with OSNN on there it looks a bit better...

attachment.php

I'm still not sold. I'm really not into the transparency for no reason thing that is Vista/7. It just makes the windows look weird to me. The large buttons (back arrow) also look out of place after using Chrome. Also what does it look like loaded up w/ tabs?

Yeah don't get me wrong Xie, I agree that it doesn't look as nice as Chrome. It's definitely a step in the right direction though.

Yeah don't get me wrong Xie, I agree that it doesn't look as nice as Chrome. It's definitely a step in the right direction though.

IMHO it's to little to late. MS is never going to regain lost browser share ... and I'm not sure they should even try really. They should put the R&D $ into making sure they have web ready apps that are standards compliant and that people want to use.

IMHO it's to little to late. MS is never going to regain lost browser share ... and I'm not sure they should even try really. They should put the R&D $ into making sure they have web ready apps that are standards compliant and that people want to use.

As long as they keep stealing others ideas, they can at least try to fit in.

As long as they keep stealing others ideas, they can at least try to fit in.

Yeah, but they continue to lose market share. Also what is the goal? MS just burns money sometimes without really accomplishing anything. The money would be much better spent on R&D for other things to keep MS afloat in the long run. They have really become very fragmented and are not doing well like other fragmented companies (ie. Google).

Yeah, but they continue to lose market share. Also what is the goal? MS just burns money sometimes without really accomplishing anything. The money would be much better spent on R&D for other things to keep MS afloat in the long run. They have really become very fragmented and are not doing well like other fragmented companies (ie. Google).

They have no innovative ideas. Everything just runs off of old things with a little bit of tweaking here and there. Pretty much all their ideas came from other people, including their browser.

R
wow i just got IE8, now theres a IE9? Wow, lol, maybe iam slow, or a little outta touch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back