Internet Explorer 6.0

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bkrepfle, Apr 28, 2003.

1. bkrepfle

bkrepfle Guest

I am using Win XP Pro, and Internet Explorer 6, obviously. My problem is that every website with graphics, including this one, only loads white pages and graphics only where there is a link. I have tried to restore defaults on the advanced tab of Internet Options, I have tried display property settings on the Appearance tab, and I have tried system properties Advanced tab and the performance settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This has been very difficult to deal with:mad:

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

3. bkrepfle

bkrepfle Guest

No red x issue. For example, at hotmail, there are tabs going across the screen, inbox, compose, ext. Well, where the text was sitting in those tabs there was no graphic for the tab. No need to give any further thought to it, I killed that user account and created a new one. I assume it was some kind of setting for internet explorer. I have a different user account on my machine that had images loading correctly, and tried to load the theme from that user account into my old user account, but no dice. I created the new account, everything is cool. Thanks for the response though

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

sorry to interupt but hipster can you help me? i'm having the Rex X problem

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

This is all I have on red x >

by neo1980

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with notepad and find image.com.com to remove any gamespot problem and MSN for any msn problem and so on, u gotta use the find option.

It was reported back that the person first backed up the file then deleted it with no ill effect & the red x problem was gone.