Internet Explorer 6.0

B

bruce_ers00

I have this annoyance problem with Internet Explorer 6 and have never encountered this before. I have set IE to show text size "smaller". After shutting down for the night and starting up the next day, I open IE and notice my fonts are set back to "medium". It's not a MAJOR problem but it annoys me. Has anyone had this problem and discovered a fix or know of a fix that I can use?

Thanks!

If you have a scroll mouse hold down the control key & scroll. The page size will change. I can't remember how to do it without the mouse. That let's you change it on the fly.

Well I can't give you a fix however if you have a scroll wheel mouse you can hold down on Ctrl and scroll the wheel to change the text size on the fly.

try doing your changes in windows exporer, then male sure you set the view to all folders

Thanks guys. Didn't know you could do that. Perris: thanks for the tip, you can't change the font size for IE in the explorer windows. If you can, I don't have that option. Or, I don't know where to find it. *L* In IE it's under Tools. Tools does not have this option in a explorer window.

I had a similar problem happen to me. Based on my observations, I am convinced that it's caused by the font size set in Outlook (I use Office XP). Whatever I set Outlook to (open an email for viewing, go to View menu, Fonts, then choose size) is what IE defaults to.

Cheers,

I am having the same problem (I prefer "larger" text) and the outlook solution does not seem to work. Outlook continues to default back to medium as well. Like Mr. K said, it's annoying--nothing more. Any other ideas out there? Thanks!

Outlook

Tools -> Options

Mail Format tab

Stationary and Fonts header

Click the "Fonts...." button

Under the Message Fonts header the 3 boxes listed might say 8pt (font), change them to 10pt (font) or higher.

This should make your selection stick in Internet Explorer, worked for me anyway.

Thanks guys, but unfortunately neither worked. Jahya, I was able to change the font, but not the size with your suggestion. Sublime, I tried your solution, but it didn't stick through to IE6. Any other ideas are appreciated!

I was happy to learn here that I could Ctrl+mousewheel to increase/decrease, so if it's just one of those unfixable oddities, so be it.

BTW, it's relatively intermitent--the IE6 window I am in now launched with the "larger" size active, just as I left it last time, but when I opened a new window in addition to this one, it reverted to "normal". About 50% of my IE6 clean launches (like from a reboot) revert to "normal", but some stick. Just wierd--it's been this way ever since I upgraged to XP prof. about 6 months ago.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that's the way it's supposed to work. As I recall, Netscape will remember font size settings from one session to the next, but not IE.

My IE 6 + Win NT4 at work plus my old Win 98 and IE6 combo both retained the font setting. Never could get used to Netscape.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back