Interested in recording using my scanner, need help

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm once again interested in recording things from my scanner. I already have a cable that goes from the Audio Jack in the scanner to one of the audio jacks in my computer. Now I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum that I am working with. I believe I need a program (Free please) that uses something called VOX, which I believe means it only records when it's getting audio.

Will I get the best quality out of my Microphone port? Presently I'm using something called Scanner Recorder that uses VOX, however I don't think I really like it. I think I've fine tuned everything in somewhat of a working manner. Unfortunately the audio doesn't sound like it does coming out of the scanner, but I think that's because of the connection the scanner uses.

Does anyone who has any kind of experience with this know what I should do best? I'm not sure what other ports I should be using with my audio card, not sure what else is in it to be honest, it's been so long and can't find a manual. Any other programs out there?

Another SB Question: My control panel has a volume for the source, and a recording volume... the volume from the source (presently microphone) only controls what I hear right? Recording is actually what is going into the computer? I'm just awfully confused about this, and I'm sure I've confused you too with this post!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back