Intel or AMD

Intel might not be the best as far as performance but they r well ahead of anybody else in the industry as far as R&D goes. Like SnookBooger said Intel been doing .13 micron and the rest have been having trouble with it. So which one is better all depends on how you look at it. They are both good and bad it more of a fuction of the person as to which one is better

I prefer AMD. For those who will argue that the AMD will not last as long because of heat, how long do you plan on keeping that chip? How long did you keep the last one before you upgraded? As fast as technology improves, why have one that "lasts a lifetime"?

im not made of money u know...im not poor but hey a chip cost very much money...

Originally posted by xsivforce
how long do you plan on keeping that chip? How long did you keep the last one before you upgraded? As fast as technology improves, why have one that "lasts a lifetime"?
Posted on the front page not so long ago was an after thought by Waddy I think ???? anyway top & bottom is how fast does a chip have to be to deal with todays programs & games ????
In my opnion an 800 will quite easily cope with todays Apps & the top spec for games is creeping up but no where near as fast as chip technology.
I expect to get at least another 10 year out of this machine
Perhaps a little more RAM & new graphics card every couple of years. Should do it nicely
:cool:
BTW xsiv nice sig & avatar
;)

I vote for Intel since they have been alot more dependable than amd and always have the best and latest technology. They created standards for others to follow. They are true leaders.

" I vote for Intel since they have been alot more dependable than amd and always have the best and latest technology. They created standards for others to follow. They are true leaders. "

:::throws up::: Sick. :p I don't know which made me do it, the fact that these AMD vs Intel threads never ever go away, unless gonnads shuts it down, or the fact that you called intel " true leaders " :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: the very people that are going to shove copy right protecton on cpus... Ahhhh :::runs away in horror :::

Sleep deprived? that doesnt sound write for some reason...maybe mi spelling...

"the very people that are going to shove copy right protecton on cpus... Ahhhh :::runs away in horror ::"

IF you read your news right, first of all AMD"s were going to use that too, not only intel, since microsoft owns all. and second most computer standards were either invented or first used by intel, if it wasnt for intel u would be on a mac using photoshop.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back