intel has lasers replace wires in computers...huge performance gain

Discussion in 'Submitted News' started by Perris Calderon, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

the new york times is gonna have an article on Monday

should be tons of fun

I think amd will beat laser technology with tacheon technology, much faster then the speed of light, so fast they go backwards in time (hmmm...seems like a contradiction of terms...so fast it goes backwards)

anyway, since tacheons travel backward in time, your keyboard will have typed what you intended to type and deliver it before you are done

it will start with a one letter before you type it, then in a few years the entire paragraph will be there as soon as you THINK about typing

that's pretty darned fast let me tell you

I can't wait for that technology...I'm gonna hold off on laser technology and grab the tacheon technology soon as that comes out, cuase I don't want to type anymore

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  2. Perris Calderon

Re: laser light replaces wires in computers...huge increase in speed

somebody wants to put this on the front page before everyone else gets it, you are welcome

then go and pimp the site

3. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

If it goes back in time shouldn't it be here already?

4. Perris Calderon

it is here allready, but we need to access the tacheons to get it

amd is going to come out with that technolgy, just you wait

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

perris.... wouldn't exactly be a contradiction.... well..... sort of. look at car rims..... at certain speeds, they seem to spin backwards for a period of time, then look like they've pretty much stopped, then spin forward again.

and no kidding light would be higher performance than wires...... last i checked the speed of light is much faster than the speed of electricity.

6. Perris Calderon

I'm just having fun with the tacheons

this is real technology and the new york times is really publishing in intel's breakthrough on monday

this is a real story with incredible implications

7. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

electrons move at the speed of light through a wire I believe. Where optics has the advantage is that you can pack a lot of photons into the space of an electron, and at varying wavelengths.

So you end up shifting more data for the same space as an electron at the same speed. When you then think that instead of transmitting data at 100Mhz (100mbit) you're looking at something like 1.1-10Ghz, thats one hell of a lot more data per second than your trusty old cat6 :)