intel cetrino

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by iceman7311, Feb 22, 2005.

1. iceman7311

iceman7311 OSNN Senior Addict

can some one give to a link to see comparrisons of a intel centrinto and pentium 4 and athlon plz!

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Centrino is nothing big, it just means that everything in the laptop is intel. The only thing it could offer is low power usage. If you want a laptop that has good battery life and is very low performance(graphics anyway) Go for it. But if you want a laptop for gaming I wouldnt go with it, when you want gaming parts stay away from intel. If you want a laptop that will kick ass i would go with a athlon64 with a 9700-9800-x200 mobile graphics. Hope this helps.

3. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

All Centrino is, is the wireless aspect of the notebook. It doesn't mena any special. It means nothing when it comes to the CPU in the system.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

That's not exactly right.
    Centrino is the marketing name given to systems that include a Pentium-M CPU, an Intel 855 or 915 Express chipset, and an Intel PRO/Wireless integrated wireless card.

And to answer the original question, here's a comparison on Anandtech that looks at the 2nd generation Pentium-M, the Pentium 4 and the Athlon64.
    http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2342&p=10

5. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Nice post Ryder - he got what he needed in the end! ;)

This thread is a good example of the need to Google a little so that your question is INFORMED before you start a thread - otherwise likely your answers will be as OT as your question was! :D