Intel Application Accelerator.. anyone use?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by syllinx, Nov 20, 2002.

1. syllinx

syllinx OSNN Junior Addict

I never see people mention it on websites or tweak sites. I use it and it seems to help but on other computers it makes a big difference. Just wondering who all uses it.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I use it. Does it make a difference? Who knows. :confused:

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I also use it..

4. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

i heard pplz said that application accelerator help give a boost in performance and others said its cause application errors on some program, so its kinda a mixs here. But for me i think its just another program filling up space in my computer. I also dont think of it as a tweak if you cant see the boost of performance with your own eyes without using benchmark programs.

5. Radium_Ti

Radium_Ti Guest

when IAA 2.3 will be released? I heard it has cool features!

6. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

v2.2.2 has been the best so far IMO. Ive been using it since day1, I tryed without it, and my system was slower, the drivers are faster as they have special optimisations that Microsoft didnt include in the drivers that ship with XP.

Id recommend ANY Intel PC to have it running.

1 website I do know that lists it has been round for yrs, and they know what they are talking about, they recommend it. The site is "TechSpot", formally "3D Spotlight" they also get all the latest XP/2000/ME/98 security/system updates, so you can download and keep them, rather than going to MS update site. They even tell you which order is best to install them in! Great site.

7. syllinx

syllinx OSNN Junior Addict

New 2.3 just released.. sort of.

My screen may be messed up lol but the Intel site is showing that they have released the 2.3 version but it is not available on the download site.

8. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

I just downloaded version 2.3 from the intel website and tried it on my Intel P4 1800 MHz system. The difference in reaction time was amazing. Programs are snappier, start faster and turn off quicker. I've used IAA for a few versions now. Nothing to worry about. It's all good.