Installing XP Pro

• Thread starter Renzoukuken
  • Start date
R

Renzoukuken

I have one problem, is it possible to install Win XP Pro on 48 megs of ram. I'm trying to get it on an old laptop I have kickin' around.
thanks
Tidus Renzo

minimum requirements

PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system);* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space*
Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

yes thank you for spewing back the requirements but my friend got it to work with less than 64 megs of ram SO obviously there is a way but he wont tell me so .... anyone else have an idea?

Originally posted by Renzoukuken
yes thank you for spewing back the requirements but my friend got it to work with less than 64 megs of ram SO obviously there is a way but he wont tell me so ....
It's not spewing, it's informing. Go ahead and run it with 48 megs. Have fun. :rolleyes:

its only informing if i didnt know about them ...
it works ok with 48 megs of ram thanks ... i've seen it
i didn't ask for critisism i wanted to know if anyone has gotten it to work ... anyone else have an idea?

Quote 1
is it possible to install Win XP Pro on 48 megs of ram.
Quote 2
it works ok with 48 megs of ram thanks ... i've seen it
Which one is it?

my friend got it to work with less than 64 megs of ram SO obviously there is a way but he wont tell me

if you can read you would have seen that i said my friend did it but wont tell me so im asking here but getting nothing but rude people, mainly you ... no futher comments will be necessary, I will go to a forum that isnt a rude and smug as this ..

i had no interest in fighting ... i only wondered about a question ...

if you can read you would have seen that i said my friend did it but wont tell me so im asking here but getting nothing but rude people, mainly you ... no futher comments will be necessary, I will go to a forum that isnt a rude and smug as this ..
Get real dude! You asked a question, I answered the question. You didn't like the answer. That makes me rude? Go back to your first post and read it. You asked "is it possible to install Win XP Pro on 48 megs of ram?" I gave you the minimum system requirements as per M$. Do with that what you will...I'm done.

MIN req are crap .... I play TS off a P100 min req is 166 ... that doesnt mean it doesnt work ... cuz it DOES .. now im done

Last Word?

64 mb min.? Thats what BiLl GaTeS says. BiLl GaTeS doesnt tell you everything. He is not even honest with you. He lies. Does he really lie? Yes he does. When did he lie.? HE NEVER SAYS WINDOWS SUX. But the good news is you are smart enough to figure that out . If you cant figure that out it's not because you are not smart enough or you are stupid, it's because you work for BiLl GaTeS. I think BiLl GaTeS is a nice person. So i guess problem is not BiLl GaTeS the problem is windowzzzz.
Jay

we know bill's a liar
and it will work
make an image from a computer over 64 megs of ram ....
the restore the image using pqdi
ha it works

You know what, install it on whatever the hell you want. Everybody has already told you how to do it(hint, hint). If you want to try it, then it won't matter what eveyone here is tryyyyying to tell you. Now will it? That what these forums are for, you ask and someone with knowledge or experience gives you their sound advice. If you don't want that knowledge then step right up into the dark void all by your lonesome. Be sure to post later when you run into problems.

i didnt run into problems it works perfect with 48 megs of ram
so much for the min req.
thanks all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back