installing nvidia drivers in XP Pro.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by heshup, Apr 26, 2002.

1. heshup

heshup Guest

I have been trying all day to install the driver for my video card GeForce 2 Ultra. Driver 28.32 OS windows XP Pro. Insted of retyping all this you can go here & read what all I have been going through to get this driver installed.,3130333~root=winme~mode=flat

I just don't understand this XP & installing the driver.

Thanks for any help.
  2. dijital

dijital Guest

okay for the most part, it looked like you were trying to install win9x specific drivers into win xp. that just wont work. two completely different operating systems based on different kernels.

those files that you showed were executable files. you can do one of two things with them. you can run them or you can extract from them using either winrar or winzip. you were unable to see the inf files because you had not extracted them from the pack yet.

for your current troubles, i'd recommend completely removing any video drivers you have at the moment. you can use detonator destroyed, if necessary. this is a program designed to completely get rid of any detonator drivers in your system. you can get this at from there i'd suggest performing a completely fresh install of your video drivers.

let me know if you have any questions.