Installing applciations

J

jrodie

I've installed XP on about 50 machines and I'm experencing a problem on about 3 of them. I'm unable to install an application after upgrading to XP. If I try to run setup up nothing happens.

I'm loged in as administrator with administraotr rights. I've tried changing driver signature checking to ingore. Nothing seems to work.

The boxes experiencing problems are not similar in any way?

Any suggestions would be a great help

thanks
John

Probably an installshield issue, would be my guess, I seen something on this somewhere but can't find it now, dang it.

maybe someone else knows where it's at.

:cool:

open sysoc.inf and delete only the hide
you can be see the all soft in your planel add/uninstall
software
a+

Thanks for the help, but I don't have a sysoc.inf file?

I had this problem and the only solution I could find was a reinstall.

Please forgive a silly question, but if you've installed XP that many times why are you doing upgrades? You have to know that clean installs will result in far fewer problems and much more efficient systems.

Originally posted by jrodie
Thanks for the help, but I don't have a sysoc.inf file?

its in your inf folder in the windows directory. you need to go to your options in windows explorer and check the option to see all system files and hidden files.

Please forgive a silly question, but if you've installed XP that many times why are you doing upgrades? You have to know that clean installs will result in far fewer problems and much more efficient systems.

Not a silly question Allen, I would rather do clean installs. We've purchased the upgrade rather then the full install. Which was probably not the best move but all the other install were also upgrades and they worked fine. It really shouldn't matter even though both you and I know it does. So.. I can reinstall but I'm really looking for a why this is happening and if anyone else is experiencedc it and what they have done.

Thanks

I've amde the chagnes to the sysoc.inf file and it didn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back