Installed XP now com ports dont work

C

][Cewolf

Hi there,

Installed XP Pro, all went well until I tried to connect to the net.

Com ports are not working. Unable to install the drivers keeps on coming up with code 43 error message. The serial ports are enabled in the bios.

Asus Mel-M M/board (Socket 370)
PII 433 Celeron processor

Tried Asus.com.tw but cannot find XP drivers for my serial ports.

Any advice or help would be appreciated
:cool:

I suffered similar symptoms a while back, took ma a while to sort it!! Found the answer in these forums I think.
When installing XP (fresh install) as soon as it gets to the first blue screen, where it asks you to press F6 at the bottom of the screen, press F5 instead, it will then ask you to select a PC type. scroll up a couple until it says Standard PC. This will install almost identically as normal, but with the ability for the user to select DMA's and IRQ's as with earlier versions of Window$ Cured my problems, hope it's of some use to you.

Tony;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back