Installations form Administrator account

G

gooner

Hi

I have 2 user accounts on my PC and I want to control what soft is available to which user. More specifically I want to control what programs/TSRs are loaded at logon for each of the users so I can control resources for the 2 users.

I understand one approach (I'm happy if someone has other ways of doing this) is to install soft from the Administrator account and from there control which users have access to which programs and which ones load at logon

How do I do this?

What I am ultimately trying to achieve is a 2 state PC. One which is minimalist (ie maximum resources available to run programs with as little running at startup/logon as possible) and one online mode with the antivirus, soft firewall, utilities etc etc all running as normal

The PC is not networked but I thought this forum best as this is a network admin kind of problem

Thanks

Hi

You will notice all the newer programs will pop up a box on install saying "Would you like to make thgis program available to all users etc etc "

which is what you need to achiev the above

If you create a login script

http://windows.about.com/library/weekly/aa031200a.htm

that gives you an idea

Also

Go to run and type controluserpasswords2

and also

go to run and tpe gpedit.msc

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back