Installation issues

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Miscreant, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Miscreant

Miscreant Guest

i recently purchased Monty Python's Meaning of Life for Win 95, and am having issues installing it. each time i try, i get a msg saying something along the lines of "you need NT4.0 service pack3 or better to install". anybody have any idea how i can fix this? i'm running it on a 1.5ghz sony VAIO desktop with 256RAM and a 32-bit Nvidia TNT2 (lousy, yes, but it works :D ). if anybody knows, plz respond on board or via email :) ty for your help and time.
  2. War Priest

War Priest Guest

Well, first, if your game is meant for win95, it was made before WAY WAY b4 XP came out right? So, taking that into consideration, it was not designed to run on XP. There may be system files it is looking for that dont exist since your running XP.

Next, try running the compatiblity wizard in XP to see if that works. If that doesnt, then stick with games that were made for nothing less than win2k. Most will tell you it doesnt matter, but I have had no problems when keeping this train of thought.
  3. Miscreant

Miscreant Guest

ty much. i run many win 9x games; this is the first to ever have any issues. compatibility wizard worked :D