install win 98 without re-install win xp?

C

C-O-R-E-Y

Hi,

I have Windows Xp Pro in my first har drive (master) and I have a second drive (slave), wich is empty.
What I want to know is, what do I have to do so I can install Windows 98 SE without re-installing Windows XP. But I want this in a way I was operating in Win 98 and I could install things (programs, games and so on) in the hard drive wich haves Win XP and vice-versa. If this is possible of course.

I was thinking in changing the first hard drive from master to slave (wich contains win xp), then change the empty drive from slave to master, then I would install win 98 in that drive and finally I would install bootmagic to choose wich Os I want to work with.

Basically what I want to do is have Win XP and 98 on the same machine without having to re-install Win XP and I want in a way that I don't get problems.

One more thing if I make this work with both OS do I have problems for installing nvidia drivers for 2k/XP on win xp and then the nvidia drivers for 98 on win98? And do I have to install directx in both (in win xp is already installed the lattest)? Will I get any problems with this sort of things?

Thanks in advance.

As you kow, DOS based OS's have to be installed before XP. If you want to get around that, your best bet is a 3rd party program such as Partition Magic 7.0

Simple , install 98 on another partition ( if does not exist make another one with Partition Magic 7.0 = compatible with XP )

I have partition magic , but what exactly do I have to do?
and why can't use both my hard drives to to do what I want?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back