Install of SP1a gets rid of your uxtheme.dll

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by mupp, Feb 4, 2003.

1. mupp

mupp Guest

After installing Windows XP SP1a, it replaced my hacked version of uxtheme.dll.
    How do I get it back? Can I use the program thats stickied? Do I have to do it the manual way again?
    Any thoughts?

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

ok, no offense, but if you actually read up on it on the microsoft website, it says that if you have SP1 installed already, you don't have to install sp1a. not exactly sure if you had sp1 in your system in the first place, but jus thought i'd tell you. and no offense, but you should have known that would happen since a service pack updates just about everything that deals with the windows OS.

about getting it back, you can just look for the file that was in the same news post as the NTFS Theme. btw, if any mods have the url for that post, could you please put it in this forum? i need it again too. Re-formatted computer to install XP pro, and forgot to copy and save it. :eek:

3. mupp

mupp Guest

lol, whoops - I thought the update to SP1a was mandatory and I didn't really read up on it...
    Yes, does anyone have a link?

4. ElementalDragon

to tell you the truth, i thought it was mandatory at first too. but then i took the long way of getting it by going through Windows Update Catalog, and that is where i saw that message.

5. mupp

mupp Guest

6. ElementalDragon

yeah, that's the one. it's the very last download in that article.

7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

You can also find the uxtheme.dll patcher in the Downloads -> Tweaks section

8. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Mupp,

Just wanted to say, great avatar. Where'd ya get it?