Infinite Loop error

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Reikon, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Reikon

Reikon Guest

I keep getting an infinte loop error with the 23.11 nvidia drivers. I have a 1Ghz AMD, with 2 Gig RAM and a Inno3d Tornado Gforce2 MX400 with 64 Mb RAM.

I have not been having any troubles, but installed XP now and when I play games I get lookup and then a blue screen with this error on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

3. Helmer

Helmer Questions R me

So there is no fix for this issue? :( Bummer... I have the exact same problem...

Only when I've rebooted the pc a few times after a bluescreen it can run for hours without any problems.. But when I turn it on after leaving for a while, the infinite loop appears already at the login screen...

4. Reikon

Reikon Guest

Fixed mine!!

ok here is what id did to fix my problem. I am not completely tested it but it worked all last night and I used to get the error every 30 mins or so.

I reinstalled DirectX 8.1

I installed the new Via 4-in1 drivers. My OS is XP, so it installed 2 drivers, the docs said it would install only one.

I installed the New nvidia 27.20 drivers.

I installed the GeForce Tweak Utility from this site. I changed my AGP to force 4x.

This appears to have fixed it, I played Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest to test the system for about 2 hours each. I never got the error again. I will keep updating this if I have any problems.

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am using the 27.10 drivers with no problem, but I rarely get this blue screens resulting from the drivers anyway.
    I have downloaded 27.20 yesterday, but haven't installed them yet ;)

6. Reikon

Reikon Guest

2 days and no ERROR!

It appears that I have fixed the error on my machine. Whether it was one or all of the fixes, I am not sure.

My son played Everquest for 6 hours and I played Counter-Strike, Wolfenstein and Dark Ages of Camelot for a few hours.

We never got the error and it used to happen every 30 mins or so.

Thanks for all the help, hopes this helps others.

7. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Re: 2 days and no ERROR!

Blimey, you want to buy him a game he likes :D

8. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

I had the same troublesd with the 23.11's. I installed the 27.10's and i think its fixed, Ive pn;ly locked up twice sinse.

9. da95649

da95649 Guest

Guys:

I was having the EXACT same problems.

The only way and the easiest way to get round the problem is to completly remove the current Den Drivers and installed the 27.42 leaked drivers.

I have been running for 1 weeks with these, and NOT 1 BLUE SCREEN with Nt4_Display error.

Trust me it worked!

Laterz

10. Helmer

Helmer Questions R me

Heh - those leaked ones killed me!

I'm still waiting for another leak or update :)

11. da95649

da95649 Guest

killed you in what way??

12. Helmer

Helmer Questions R me

The computer froze after 15-45 sec.. I had a really hard time rolling back to a previous driver :/

13. da95649

da95649 Guest

emm, they are wroking briliant for me,, strange....

14. kms

kms Guest

15. insaNity

insaNity Guest

My infinite loop problems were solved with 23.11 + new via 4-in-1 plus latency patch.

16. Helmer

Helmer Questions R me

hmm.. would it make any difference if I told you that I had simmilar problems under win98se? IE. comp. freezing and shutting down..