Ok here goes... I have cable on 2 comps and the other one is dialup for now until i can run a network cable to it. Anyways, i tweaked as much as i could. But then i found out it was possible to increase the max port speed from 115200 to 921600 in the modem properties panel. It involved entering 2 things into the properties dword in the registry under the modem. So i did that, but then when i try to switch the speed it comes up with an error that it can't find the modem, but this tweak worked fine in win98SE. Someone said u have to patch the serial.vxd file first so that the port speed will increase or something.... sorry i'm kinda lost. Plz help if u can.