In Da Pub

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Grandmaster, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

rofl, has anyone listened to this song? It's hilarious. :D

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The Brit parody of "In Da Club?"
    I had put a webpage up with a streaming version of the song and the lyrics up, just for my friends to see. Removed it a while ago.

Hilarious one. :D

3. Grandmaster

Yes, that's it.

"my girlfriends mum give me the cash
    that bought me all my fancy stuff
    my couch, my fridge, my plates, my waste
    look mate im tied down but i aint changing"

That's my favorite verse :D

4. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

5. Grandmaster

Yah, I have that as well, but it's not as good as In Da Pub.

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well rnb is ****e ;p

7. Grandmaster

I don't think 50 cent qualifies as rnb :p

8. NetRyder

Well, rap is **** too :p

9. Grandmaster

Well, most of the new stuff - all this 'bling bling' era stuff is crap. I listen to new rap/hip hip because I like the a good beat to nod my head to - lyrics in are horrible though. All they talk about are fancy cars, big houses, and the fact that they hump a lot of women :confused: Old school rap/hip hop is awesome though.

10. Petros

Petros Thief IV

/rant
    I thought it was just my perception for a while, but rap IS getting really stupid. For example: "Air Force Ones" (IT'S ABOUT SHOES ffs!), "Right Thurr" (GYAAAH! They butchered the English language horribly). Actually, Air Force Ones included, practically anything by Nelly qualifies as silly. I'm tired of hearing his nearly-in-tears whiny voice to go with his awful lyrics puked up by my radio station.
    /end rant

Now that I've got that off my chest, "In Da Pub" is the best thing I've heard in a long while :D

11. NetRyder

Haha, exactly why I hate it. The lyrics are pathetic...and every rap is on those same subjects you mentioned.
    BTW, what qualifies as old school rap. I'm curious to hear what it's like. :p

LOL @ HandyBuddy's rant. I love your comments. :D

12. Grandmaster

Old school is basically rap/hip hop from the 80s, before it went "mainstream".

Some albums that are my favorites:

2Pac - Me Against The World
    2Pac - Better Dayz
    Nas - Stillmatic (okay, this one isn't very old school but it is a strong album :p)
    Guru - Jazzmatazz Vol. 3
    DJ Quik - Rhythm-al-ism
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
    Wu Tang - 36 Chambers

I know, I know. 2pac is a crazy one. One album he is talking about stopping violence and in another one he is talking about shooting someone. But the two albums I've mentioned are classic.

However, all that I've mentioned is REAL rap/hip hop, none of the BS that goes on these days. You should also look for other albums by these artists if you like them, as the list is just off the top of my head. It should get you started though.

edit: I especially HATE Nelly. I ****ing hate Nelly. For example, look at the Bad Boys II album. Just had to get that off of my chest :p

13. Renegade_Chris

Renegade_Chris A Very Confused Bunny

Well, I don't mind the artists who talk about fancy cars mansions and uncomplicated sex ...... after all, they are minted and that is probably all they know these days .....

My beef is with the 16 year old wannabes that listen to it, walking round in their baggy tracksuits, swaggering around like they've got a gammy leg, baseball cap dragged over their greasy heads, displaying round their neck that chunky 9 carat gold chain their mum bought for them from Argos, kidding themselves that the rest of the world sees them as proper gangstas rather than the spotty pathetic children they are ......

Well ..... tell ya what, how about getting 20 of them together and get them to 'sing' to s***e r'n'b that was written by a Year 10 student for their GCSE music project, and create the embarrasing atmosphere of a school concert where after the trombone recitals and pathetic dance numbers they put this crap on last to show the music teacher is indeed 'down with the kids' .....

Tell ya what ...... why not stick them on Top of the Pops and call then Blazing Squad!!!

I F*****G HATE BLAZING SQUAD!!!!

'See you at the crossroads' ..... not if i see u first mate .......