import csv file into outlook address book

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
hey people,

i think i'm a bit stupid, or maybe not, but i can not, for the life of me, figure out how to import a csv file into an address book i created in MS Outlook (not outlook express).

i see the address book and it's nice and empty, but when I go to import all I can do is import to my Contacts.

Can't seem to find anything on this in google either...

Can anyone shed light on this for me please? :)

Thanks in advance!!

goto:

File/Import and Export/Import from another program or file/comma separated values (windows or dos depending on how it was saved)/browse for the file/select contacts... press next at this stage you may have to manuall link the fields.

ok just reread your post if you have already imported the items into the contacts go into your address book and in the top right corner, you'll see a drop down box called "show names from the", drop this down to contacts if it is not already on there and you'll see the contacts you imported into your address book.

Thanks but what I don't want to import it into my current contacts list, but rather want to import it into the new address book I just created (let's call it "New Prospects")?

then just select that address book to import it into,

There is no address book to select :) I don't see the one I created or any other address book, all I see in the Select Folder to Import To option is my other folders (Inbox, Sent Items, etc) and Contacts...no address books... :(

You import into the contacts where you want them to appear but you may need to use a new profile, if you do not want them in the current contacts, then make a new profile and import them into that.

what version of outlook are you running? Is this connected to an exchange server? If yes, What version of Exchange is being used? Are you running in corporate/workgroup mode?

Outlook 2003 running with Exchange 2003 in Corporate mode...

If you are trying to use a "personal address book", you may have problems. Microsoft/Outlook has moved away from personal address books (in the form of the old .pab files) and is using contacts folders for everything.

What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking to create a seperate contact list apart from the default contact folders and those address available to select from?

I would suggest creating a new contacts folder (right-click on the mailbox, select new folder, give it a name (new prospects), select "contacts" in the "folder contains" drop down list, and select where you want the new folder created.

When you run your import, you should be able to select the "new prospects" contacts.

When you create new messages, if you open the outlook address book, you should see your "new Prospects" contact list in the options

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back