Images are saved as bmp in Internet Explorer

D

destinywaste

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could throw some light for me on this --

At times when I try to save a photo from the web on my comp it's saved in bmp format by default. Is there a way I it could be set to jpg? I don't want to run through paintshop programs to convert the images into jpg.

Thanks

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Try cleaning out ( emptying) your temporary internet files folder.

It didn't help :(

The 'save as' option doesn't have a drop down menu.. nothing to chose from apart from bitmap :mad:

I have this same thing happen from time to time, unfortunately I don't have any explanation for why it happens. I usually just end up using Paint or Photoshop to save the pic as a jpeg. It's not that much of a hassle, unless there are a bunch of pics you want to save that are coming in as bitmaps.

If there is no fix for what is going on there are freeware mass converters around. One click & it is all done.

One more thing to check is the Advanced tab of Tools | Options where "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" may be checked. If so, try un-checking it

Irfanview is a nice FREE picture viewing program that has a batch conversion tool in it. Best of all, Irfanview is small and fast, install is less than a meg without plugins. :cool: (If you can't tell, I really like Irfanview.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back