Image display problem in IE 6 SP1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by elkinm, Mar 4, 2003.

1. elkinm

elkinm Guest

I did a clean install and IE 6 was working perfectly. Then I installed SP1a for XP which I guess installed IE SP1 and I have the typical problem that many small images are not displayed, I only see the x indicating an error.

Anybody know of a way of fixing this or instaling IE 6 non SP1 aggain? Or does MS have a fix maybe?

Thanks
    elkinm

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

See how this goes>

by neo1980

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open HOSTS file with notepad and find image.com.com to remove any gamespot problem and MSN for any msn problem and so on, u gotta use the find option.

It was reported back that the person first backed up the file then deleted it with no ill effect & the red x problem was gone.

3. seeya

seeya Guest

thanks! this solved mine problem! woot !!!!!

4. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Are you running Norton Personal Firewall 2002??? I got huge problems with it. If its not disabled i get screwed webpages

5. Simes

Simes Guest

Hey fella, unbelievably my first post here is to assist. It probably won't happen again for some time.

I had the same problem as a result of Norton. Follow this link and all will become clear and sorted.

Cheers.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.nsf/docid/2002110811290836?Open&src=w

6. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

I had big problems with that program as well. I found out about the same information Simes suggested on my own, but that didn't fix it for me. Beside, I'd hate to have to add every single site that has a problem to the list.

What I did is as follows.
    1) Open NIS.
    2) Go to Options -> Internet Security
    3) In the window that pops up, click on "Advanced Options..."
    4) I removed all the sites listed... Also click on "Defaults" and I removed all the ad blocking
    5) Click on the "Other" tab.
    6) Under HTTP Ports List remove all of them.

#6 is what fixed it for me (#4 didn't fix it). This get's rid of NIS's adblocking or whatever browser features it has. If you didn't want your firewall doing that anyways, then this should be ok.