I'm saving up for Mac Mini :D

Well I have £35 at the moment lol, but I have £180 coming my way like next week so that is £215 and the Mac Mini costs £288 (Basic model, no extras, I don't need extras) excluding VAT.

I'm going to buy it on my dad’s business card so I won’t be paying VAT, well Dad will but he will get it back. I will just say I'm doing all his web design and photography work on it if they ever ask (which I am anyway).

So only £73 to save up and every month I get £80 monthly allowance so I just got to wait July month or do some more work for Dad and then I'm sorted :D. I get my allowance during summer holidays to :D.

When I get my Mac Mini and upgrade it's ram and hard drive, is it worth taking the heatsink/fan of the CPU and putting better thermel compound on? Is it simple to do? Might be worth doing if I upgrade the hard drive, oh also is a 5400RPM PC (not laptop) hard drive ok to put in? Know anywere I can buy them?

desie said:
When I get my Mac Mini and upgrade it's ram and hard drive, is it worth taking the heatsink/fan of the CPU and putting better thermel compound on? Is it simple to do? Might be worth doing if I upgrade the hard drive, oh also is a 5400RPM PC (not laptop) hard drive ok to put in? Know anywere I can buy them?
I personally wouldn't mess with the CPU/heatsink. As for the HD question I don't think a desktop HD would fit and thats why they went with a laptop HD.

Yer I read on another site that there all laptop hard drives, I thought who ever said it was saying put a 7200RPM laptop hard drive in to cool things down (if I upgrade it), lol I looked a little more into it there all laptop hard drives. Ok I wont mess with the CPU and Heatsink :p.

Good news :D Dad is going to order it tonight, yay :D I've been working for his buisness for a few days and I have to work some more soon and I earn it that way. Saves me transfering money back and forth to his plus he gets the VAT back. So fingers crossed I should get it this week!

Great news! :D

I just checked the status of the mini I ordered and it will be here Thursday! :D

Just ordered it on my Dad's PC we put it on the business I have he receipt here! :D *dances*. I like the free shipping :D.

I know we were just discussing it in my Dad's Van on our way home from his work, my mouth dropped when he said I can buy it on the business and all you have to do is work for me a few more days. I was like wanting to jump for joy.

Dad said it shipped today should be here tomoz I hope so :D:D:D.

desie said:
Dad said it shipped today should be here tomoz I hope so :D:D:D.
You are closer to me but you still suck if you get it tomorrow. I ordered mine like a week (maybe less actually) after annouced and it took almost 3wks to ship. :(

Well I have it now! I'm typing this on OSX! It worked first time, just updating the OSX now lots of updates to download. It's quite hard to get used to OSX but I've done the intial set-up and I think having some use with Apple G4's and G5's has helped me a little bit.

desie said:
It's quite hard to get used to OSX but I've done the intial set-up and I think having some use with Apple G4's and G5's has helped me a little bit.
I wouldn't say it's hard to get use to, just different so takes time to get used to is all. Would be same for any OS, or if you just walked up to a computer for the first time. :p In the end I think OSX provides a great ease of use. It's also dead sexy while still being functional.

Yer well I been using it all night and getting everything to how I want it and learning the in's and out's of it. Reminds me of Linux a lot really, I guess because it's built of Unix. I love the simple things like ejecting a cd by moving the icon into the trash. It's great how I can still use Aim & MSN on it to. This is going to be great for my Interactive Design course. Thats the main reason I got it. I've got seti@ home running to.

The Mac mini for our office came in today as well. It's sleek, and I like it. However, if I were to buy another Mac myself, I would have to go with a 20" iMac G5. :)

I wanted one of them, way to much £££ though considering I have no job.

Yeah, I definitely understand. Plus, it's better to have a mini than no Mac at all! :p Nothing wrong with the mini anyway. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back