I'm back from DEFCON12

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Well after a long bender for 6 days in Vegas, my brain is finally clearing up.
Weather was HOT! I will write a full story this week sometime on how the event
went in the meantime here are some pics from my friends cellcam

It's great to be back :)

pic#1 Steve Wozniak "Woz" Mr Apple himself
pic#2 ATM Hacker inside
pic#3 shirt
pic#4 funny shirt
pic#5 spot the "Fed"

more pics to come

Attachments

• steve woz.jpg
    steve woz.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51
  • atmhackerinside.jpg
    atmhackerinside.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 62
  • defcon2004shirt.jpg
    defcon2004shirt.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
  • shirt.jpg
    shirt.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 52
  • spotthefed.jpg
    spotthefed.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 64
AWESOME... I have been wanting to go for years but havent been able too (either no money or no time) cant wait to hear of your adventures. :D

i know this might sound stupid but what is it?

TittleBitties said:
i know this might sound stupid but what is it?
damn dude you need to get out more. DefCon is a hacker convention that takes place in Las Vegas and this year was its 12 year. Some very kewl events and speakers.

I might go to the HOPE convention in NYC and find out where XIE is and smack him. :D

ahhh...i thought it was a game at first :S

PseudoKiller said:
I might go to the HOPE convention in NYC and find out where XIE is and smack him. :D
I'm upstate .. about a 6+hr drive from the city :p

-edit- Oh and the shirt in pic #4 pwnz :D

And how many people do you think were there just pretending to be hackers? :)

Electronic Punk said:
Depends on your definition of hacker probably. I mean if you use the media version thats more of a "cracker". Someone that takes stuff apart to see how it works would be considered a hacker actually.

To make a long story short my first Defcon was outstanding. We arrived at the airport then headed
to the hotel where it was held. checked into our room and set up our notebooks to see if we could find hot spots
Snort was burning up. it was a log jam. tv's were set up so you can watch the speakers and guests if you did not want to walk to the conference room.
Vodka was the drink of choice among most people, it is truly an amazing event in which you should experience.

the parties were off the hook and chicks were everywhere. the wardriving contest was fun as hell, your team had to
accomplish by finding certain hotspots around vegas driving around was the best part a rental ford focus with 4 laptops and
a couple of homemade pringle cans and people were looking at us like WTF? jumping out of the car in the middle of the street
and standing on the roof with a prongles can in hand was classic. so much to do and so little time
We were bombed half the time and just had a great time. Meeting Steve "WOZ" mr apple was cool.
and meeting new people from around the world was cool. i would write more but I can't remember half the stuff
we did. I'll post up some more pics

One word can sum it all up.... "W00T!!!!

Attachments

• the poolarea.jpg
    the poolarea.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 62
  • tracnetmoblenethummer.jpg
    tracnetmoblenethummer.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 60
  • upstream.jpg
    upstream.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 40
  • forsale3.jpg
    forsale3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 61
  • hardrock.jpg
    hardrock.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 49
Electronic Punk said:

i would say around 50/50

hey EP you should go to The 2004 DNSCON event is running over the 13th, 14th 15th of August 2004.
The Imperial Hotel, Blackpool, UK.

DNSCON2004

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back