iLife '06 -- I have it now

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I got iLife '06 in the mail yesterday. I didn't have much time to play with it yet, but I did open each app to take a look at some new features.

iPhoto: The full-screen editing and effects pane is really nice. The calendars and cards features look fun, too.

iMovie: The animated transitions feature is going to be great. I'm going to start a project soon that incorporates them. Also, they correspond with the menus in iDVD.

iDVD: The new themes are really nice, and now there are sub-menus for each new theme. I think there are 3 or 4 sub-menus, such as Chapters.

GarageBand: I didn't take a look at this one because I've never really used it. I know it's got some major updates incorporating the ability to do videoblogs and podcasts, but I don't have any need for those at the moment.

iWeb: I just took a peek at the interface and it looks very much like Pages, which I like. I doubt I'll be creating web sites with it, but I will consider re-doing my blog with it.

More later if I feel like anything is worth mentioning. Also, if any of you are considering whether or not to upgrade, I'll be glad to test out features as best I can. Just ask. :)

Holding off from buying this, as it comes with new machines... which I hope to be buying within the next few months. I really want the new iPhoto though :/

Yes, our new iBooks will come with iLife '06. ;)

iPhoto '06 totally stuffed up the file locations of all my pictures.
About half of them ended up in a "Recovered" directory.
I don't know what went on there!

Yeah, iPhoto '06 changes how the library is organized. It messed up the location of my photos for iMovie projects I had put together. Slightly irritating, but it will be fine as long as they don't change the library structure with every update.

So I'm a little late, but I have just got iLife 06 too today! iWeb is excellent, alot better than what I thought it was going to be and its amazing how it all "just works".

Full Screen iPhoto is a great idea, however my 1024x768 iBook resolution really doesnt make great use of it. It does seem faster tho.

Garageband has much more functionality and I am really keen to play with the Podcast and Movie Score functionality :)

iPhoto on a notebook isn't as much fun as it is on a nice phat widescreen LCD :)

Also, make sure you get the latest update for iWeb, it now supports comments and searching. I got the update when it was released, but haven't tried the new stuff out yet.

SPeedY_B said:
Also, make sure you get the latest update for iWeb, it now supports comments and searching. I got the update when it was released, but haven't tried the new stuff out yet.

Oh! I may look at creating a mirror of my blog and see how it fairs. :D

I use almost all the iLife apps pretty frequently. I actually did a site in iWeb and it turned out pretty well. http://www.realestatespace.com

v2.0 of iWeb should be awesome. It's great for a 1.0, but it can get MUCH better with the next release.

Ooh, looks nice Muzi. Have seen a few people convert to iWeb recently, after moving away from Word Press, Blogger et-al, will be a welcomed change if they all start to use comments again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back