IIS File System Object problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by royzda1, Aug 14, 2002.

1. royzda1

royzda1 Guest

I'm having a nightmare trying to get the File System Object to work on my XP/IIS 5.1 box. I have granted the appropriate permissions. Does anyone know if I have to do anything special for this to work? I have a XP/IIS 5.0 box and it works fine with the default IIS settings after install. Below is the code I am using. When stepping the code in InterDev, the CreateObject line executes, then, on the OpenTextFile, IIS stops responding. No error, nothing, it will try to execute this line forever. I expected it to timeout eventually, but nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Set ScriptObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set MyFile = ScriptObject.OpenTextFile("C:\Temp\testing.txt", 8, True)

MyFile.WriteLine "*** Write File Test ***"
    MyFile.WriteLine " file was written to at: " & Now
    MyFile.WriteLine " "
    MyFile.Close

set ScriptObject = nothing
    set MyFile = nothing

2. w0lv3rin3

w0lv3rin3 The Source Political User

use Apachie, IIS sucks and fill with vunb. . . .

3. royzda1

royzda1 Guest

nice.

4. w0lv3rin3

no really go wit apachine

5. royzda1

royzda1 Guest

If you are ignorant to the subject, then keep the posts to yourself.

6. w0lv3rin3

ignorant?? WTF u talkin about, i was just saying that IIS sucks and APACINE is better

7. royzda1

royzda1 Guest

This isn't a thread asking for your opinion on webservers. The fact is I'm asking a question about IIS. Not Apache. If I wanted someone's opinion on Apache, do you think I would be posting on a Windows XP forum? And yes ignorant. That means you lack knowledge on a given subject, that subject being IIS. So you need to go play somewhere else.

8. sacarasc

sacarasc Guest

no offence, but IIS is a basically a trojan, if you want to give EVERYONE access to your whole computer, continue, but you seem like an intelligent person, so get apache instead

sacarasc

9. royzda1

royzda1 Guest

This forum is useless. THE COMPANY I WORK FOR IS 100% MICROSOFT! I agree with everything you guys are saying, but Apache is not an option. I'm just looking for the answer to a problem. Apache is the answer to a DIFFERENT QUESTION! Just forget it. I'll find the solution somewhere else.

10. w0lv3rin3

then y dident u say

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Guest

royzda1

why are you trying to step through the code in InterDev if it works? if you could explain that then maybe someone here could help you.