if you remember, I invented this

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Perris Calderon, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

take a look at this

Sprint's Kyocera Echo dual-screen Android phone announced, we go hands-on (update) -- Engadget

if you remember a while back ep had a phone contest for us to suggest improvements on phones, I came up with the dual screen

I actually had that idea first for laptops long long ago, then when the 6700 first came out and approached a driver writer with the idea, I have no idea if he ran with it without me or not but it's documented, never mentioned anywhere before my email to him

anyway, my vision adds texture to the second bottom screen so when you switch to keyboard mode it's more like a true hardwared keyboard

my vision also has a better integeragtion between screens, there's no reason for a substantial border between screens with current technology

ps

ep, thanks for adding that flash thingy, it seems we don't even have to parse links anymore, I just pasted the address up there and the board did the rest for description of link...nice

tube below

[ame="http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/2465/"]Viddler.com - Kyocera Echo hands-on - Uploaded by engadget@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.viddler.com/player/51faae06/@@AMEPARAM@@51faae06/[/ame]

excellent, now we can imbed other flash besides youflash...great app

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

the nokia communicator had dual screens too - though not to the extent in the video there.

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Looks crazy clunky and awkward. I'd rather have a larger screen.

4. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Prior art.