if you know macrovision click here

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by the_music_man, Sep 20, 2002.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

hi i want a dvd/vhs combo player that can copy dvd to vhs, which means MACROVISION DISABLED! yea! i have a question too, does the dvd player or the dvd disc have the protection? and if the dvd disc does, can a macrovision disabled dvd player overwrite it or just ignore it and copy it to vhs? help me b/c im confused. and do blockbusters dvds have protectioN?

sorry about all the questions just plz try to answer some

2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I can answer part of your questions. As far as I know all DVD's have some kind of protection which includes the ones from a rental store like Blockbuster. As for the rest I don't have any idea's.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

The discs have macrovision, but also some players do to!. Players that disable macrovision should overwrite the discs protection

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

thanks tthats exactly what the answer i was looking for!!! you rock!!!! i found that most dvd/vhs combo players have it disabled and hard to hack so im not going to get a combo! just buy each thing seperately

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

be sure to check online for a review or specs of the machine you are thinking of getting, just to make sure