If you get vista, when will you get it?

when will you get vista?

• Total voters
A new version of SetPoint for XP came out for the diNovo Laser set so I am sure the drivers for Vista are just around the corner (they have to be at this point).

Are you running Vista x64 or x86?

x86 on my desktop, its the Dinova Edge -- that funky keyboard you posted about a little while back. Has a few hotkeys alot the top and side which currently don't do anything.

13085.jpg

I knew which one you had; it is beautiful (my father has one). I have the diNovo Laser and I'm waiting for Vista x64 drivers.

Just checked the Logitech forums and seems that Logitech do intend to support everything that uses Setpoint so thats cool.

Just gotta be patient I guess, did learn something about mt keyboard tho so I will check that when I get home, it won't work 100% without Setpoint so hopes aren't too high, but apparently it has lots of hidden keys and you can press Fn to bring them up. Worth a go.

Too bad you need both USB receivers for the diNovo Edge and the Revolution MX. It would be nice if they released a combo set.

Unfortunately I can't install it on my production machine because my work application still requires IE6.

Could always grab Virtual Machine and use the MS provided XP image :)

I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor today and it said it would run the very basic version. I was planning on getting ultimate but it said i would need to upgrade my RAM and videocard. *sigh*.

I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor today and it said it would run the very basic version. I was planning on getting ultimate but it said i would need to upgrade my RAM and videocard. *sigh*.
yeah, the only version ill get is the ultimate.
the others seem not worth it.

yeah.... i'm fairly certain my computer can handle Ultimate quite easily. ran the thing in Vista where it grades your PC.... got a 4.8 for the processor (only an Athlon 64 X2 3800+), and a 5.5 i believe for hard drive space (only spared it like.... a 20GB partition. the other's were 5.9.

I know i need to upgrade ram but what graphics card would i need.

atm iv got ATI Radeon9200 128mb blah.

yeah.... i'm fairly certain my computer can handle Ultimate quite easily. ran the thing in Vista where it grades your PC.... got a 4.8 for the processor (only an Athlon 64 X2 3800+), and a 5.5 i believe for hard drive space (only spared it like.... a 20GB partition. the other's were 5.9.

I have no probs running vista on my machine. :up:

Here in Microsoft's hometown the sales of Vista last night were the weakest they have ever been for a new OS release. Some stores reported only 5 to 10 people waiting in line to get Vista. Compare that to Windows 98 and XP which saw 100's of people waiting in line on launch night. A poll was done last night and it looks like many are going to wait until they get a new PC and even more said they do not plan to get Vista.

Attachments

• poll.jpg
    poll.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 96
Were you one of the ten people in line?

No I do not plan to get Vista for a while as XP runs just fine for me.

I know i need to upgrade ram but what graphics card would i need.

atm iv got ATI Radeon9200 128mb.

What's the point of waiting in line when you can just order a copy off Amazon or Newegg, sitting at home? :)

The point was in years past the launch of a new OS had many many people upgrading right away but this is not the case so far with Vista. People upgraded from 98 and ME mainly because there were so many problems with them. XP is pretty stable so many do not feel a need to run out and replace it. I even know people who work at MS and will get Vista for free but are not upgrading until maybe a year or more from now.

If it isn't broke why fix it....

Times were a lot different when XP came out. Online shopping hadn't hit its full stride yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back