if i fully reinstall xp..

C

cam

and by that i mean not just an upgrade, will i lose anything other than whats in /windows ?

cam

That depends on what you tell the installation to do. If you tell it to format, partition and bring you a cup of coffee, then yeah, you'll lose all that stuff. What is it telling you will happen? I believe you can perform a "new" installation vs a repair install and it will keep all your stuff for you. BUT, if you get a cup of coffee instead, don't blame me :p

I tried to reinstall windows xp , but because i have two partitions i now have 2 OS on my computer , both windows XP , if you want to reinstall your windows xp , just choose repair mode , it 'll save you a lot of problems

are you sure? :confused:

repair install actually screwed everything over for me...

it screwed up the page file, and it couldn't be fixed...had to do clean install...

couldn't even back anything up. page file too low. bad performance and couldn't run anything :(

it's supposed to make the system in the same state as when the backup was made so i think it should work. Just choose the earliest repair-point there is. Just copy your important files to the other disk and you'll be fine.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back