IE7 problem??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by exeter1256, Mar 3, 2006.

1. exeter1256

exeter1256 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi ,
    I've just installed the IE7 on my laptop since that when I am using the Microsoft Help software ( e.g. when you go to help menu and go to help conetnt) I can not view the help content. I dont know why. the screen is blank and sometimes it says the page can not be displayed. if anyone knows how to solve the problem please let me know. thanks .

2. Ezergeezer

Ezergeezer OSNN Addict

Most likely as far as I'm aware IE7 still beta software, therefore no point including help files for unfinished product!

Geezer.

3. exeter1256

No the problem is I can not see the help content in any Html help files.( help workshop) is blank. I though the problem is caused by installing IE7 what do you think?

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Is it every help file from every program?

5. exeter1256

yes from every single program

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

7. exeter1256

I can not do this as microsoft says you have a new version of HTML workshop...

here is the window i get with blank pages.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeNotConnected>You are not connected to the Internet. <LI id=causeSiteProblem>The website is encountering problems.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    What you can try:

[​IMG]Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

[​IMG]Retype the address.

[​IMG]Go back to the previous page.

[​IMG] More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    • <LI id=errorExpl2>Internet connectivity has been lost. <LI id=errorExpl3>The website is temporarily unavailable. <LI id=errorExpl4>The Domain Name Server is not reachable. <LI id=errorExpl5>The Domain Name Server does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Do you think is IE7 problem???

8. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I've seen similar errors with SSL sites (when the cert is in error). So I think it is safe to assume that it is in fact a bug with IE7 B2P.